Acupressure massage, can relieve low back pain that has lasted longer than several weeks. As well as relieving pain and improve mobility too, especially if accompanied by exercising or stretching. Here are some self-care acupressure regimes for you!
~Acupressure Points for Relieving Pain of Lower Pain, Hip and Leg~
- 環跳 “Huantiao” (GB 30): Activates the channel and alleviates pain, benefit the hip joint and leg. Indication for weakness, numbness of lower extremities.
Location: On the postero-lateral aspect of the hip joint, one third of the distance between the prominence of the greater trochanter and the sacro-coccygeal hiatus.
**Self-Care acupressure regimen: on both sides of hip, use thumb: medium-hard pressure for 3 minutes.**
- 伏兔 “Futu” (ST 32): Local disorder affecting the leg and knee; pain, numbness and contraction for the muscles of the thigh, cold pain and weakness of the knee.
Location: On the thigh, divide the distance between the prominence of the greater trochanter and the upper border of the patella into thirds; this point is located just superior to the junction of the lower and middle thirds.
**Self-Care acupressure regimen: both sides, use thumbs: median pressure for 5 minutes.**
- 氣海 “Qi-hai”(Ren-6):Fosters original qi, regulates qi and harmonizes blood.
Location: On the middle of the lower abdomen, 1.5 cum inferior to the umbilicus.
**Self-Care acupressure regimen: Light medium pressure with index finger for 2 minutes.**
- 腎俞 “Shen-shu” (BL 23): Benefits essence, firms kidney qi, tonifies the kidneys and fortifies yang, strengthens the lumbar region.
Location: Locate at the visible highest point of the paraspinal muscles.
**Self-Care acupressure regimen: Both sides, use thumbs: median pressure for 2 minutes.**
- 腰眼 “Yao-yan” ( M-BW-24): Back pain, strengthens the kidneys and benefits the lumbar region, local point for acute and chronic lumbar pain due to any etiology.
Location: at the waist, is located in the fourth lumbar spinous process, the next to open about 3.5 inch depression.
**Self-Care acupressure regimen: on both sides, use thumbs: median pressure for 3 minutes**
Note: Cun Measurement
The cun (Chinese:寸) is a traditional Chinese unit of length, used to chart acupuncture points on the human body.Its traditional measure is the width of a person’s thumb at the knuckle, whereas the width of the two forefingers denotes 1.5 cun and the width of all fingers side-by-side is three cuns.